Google+ House Revivals: 2016 Word of the Year

Thursday, January 14, 2016

2016 Word of the Year

Confession: I wasn't going to do a Word of the Year for 2016, because I felt like last year's word was such a failure. The funny thing is, when I sat down and really reviewed the year, I realized I hadn't failed at all. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and get some perspective to really see things properly.

In past years, I've chosen the words Beauty, Health, Acceptance, and Intentional.
Another blogger, and dear friend, Tina Downey, from Life is Good blog, jumped on the word of the year bandwagon, and we were able to support each other in our goals.

Tina passed away in 2014, but I know she would want me to continue Reaching for new goals. We talked at length about her word of the year in 2014 -- it was Savor. She wanted to savor her time with her children and her husband. At the time, she had no idea these were her last months with her precious family. I'm so glad she chose Savor for her word that year. I know she is glad, too.


2015 came with lots of challenges and changes, and lots of unintentional growth, but in spite of that, I was able to make intentional choices, with a focus was on family and friendships. We made a point of entertaining friends -- local friends and friends from far away, and we spent a significant amount of time traveling and spending time with people we care about. Relationship building is always worthwhile!


For 2016, my Word of the Year is Reach.  Lots of opportunities pass us by every year because we don't reach out and grab them. I don't want to live with the regrets of missed opportunity. I don't want to feel a longing for things or relationships I could have held, if only I'd reach out.

To read about my 2015 Word of the Year, click here.

If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to House Revivals in the sidebar, so you won't miss the fun projects we have planned. Find us on Facebook, too, so you can catch all the "in between" stuff, and see what I'm working on daily on Instagram. Feel free to link today's project to your favorite social media sites.

Thanks so much for stopping by!