Google+ House Revivals: {Inspired} Ideas for Pretty Painted Beds

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

{Inspired} Ideas for Pretty Painted Beds

In a couple of days I'm heading back to the beach house -- hopefully to paint some bedroom furniture! For inspiration I've been scouring catalogs, websites, and furniture stores. I don't know about you, but I love color. I have these conflicting voices in my head, saying "paint your bed a cheerful pretty color" and "paint your bed a safe color"....  Guess which voice is winning?


I know, I know, it's been two years since the major part of our remodel, and I am still working on finishes and furnishings......  


In my defense, it's only been a year and a half since we brought most of our stuff out of storage.  Okay, that's still lame.  What can I say?  We get out to the beach house, after spending the week in the city, and get completely distracted by the beach.  


The next thing you know, it's Sunday afternoon, and the only castle we've worked on is a sand castle. Recently, our grand daughter was visiting from Colorado, and she helped us with castles, too! (Yes, that was a blatantly obvious excuse to share a picture of our beautiful Summer Rose, and yes, her parents are still adamant that we don't share her face on social media.)

I think Summer Rose would prefer colorful furniture at the beach house, too, don't you?  For color inspiration, I hit the local Ethan Allen showroom.  The Quincy bed is available in several pretty colors.  Do you love the turquoise?


Next, I searched Maine Cottage.  I love the light-hearted and casual feel of their furniture.


The Lizzie bed in Lemon Ice is certainly cheery!  Another pretty bed from Maine Cottage is the Mabel bed in Mixed Berry.


The Summerhouse bed, from Stanley's Coastal Living Cottage Collection is kind of pretty, too.


Of course, these beds all come with hefty price tags -- which is why I will be painting a bed I already own. You don't have to take the DIY approach, to get a cottage style painted bed.  Plenty of Etsy sellers have lovely pieces, at a fraction of the cost of a new bed.


This Farmhouse Painted Bed, from HarrisMarksHome is one example of what you may find searching Etsy.

If you enjoy DIY, and don't have an old bed to paint, craigslist is a great source to try.


Is this not the most gorgeous bed you have ever seen?  It's on Seattle craigslist right now!  LOVE.  It would be amazing painted (or restored)!


Are you feeling inspired to pull out your brushes and start painting?