Google+ House Revivals: Flower Arranging with Vintage Finds

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Flower Arranging with Vintage Finds

Do you love finding cool vintage junk, but are never really sure what to do with it when you get it home? One great trick is to use your vintage find as a plant holder or as a container for a flower arrangement.


Instead of using typical old pans and bowls and pails for your botanical arrangements, why not think outside the box?  Of course, sometimes thinking outside the box means thinking inside the box!


Enter this funky old thrifted metal box.  I was intrigued when I saw the cool label.


But, when I saw the amazing metal framed letter tabs, I was sold -- or should I say it was sold?  For the low, low price of $1.99!  You would never find a traditional vase for that price. And it wouldn't have the visual impact using a re-purposed item would have.


Of course, your scheme won't hold water if it won't, well..., hold water!  I simply tucked an old coffee mug behind the dividers, and added fresh flowers.


How's that for quick and easy re-purposing?  Do you like to use unusual containers for flowers and plants?